瓷飯碗 “ceramic rice bowl” (refers to the practice by which municipal or district authorities take responsibility for the profits and losses of collectively owned by enterprises)
鐵飯碗 a secure job; “iron rice bowl” -- a permanent income they would never lose whether they work hard or not; “iron bowl” -- a stable, life-long job 他端的是鐵飯碗。 he has a lifelong job
I feared the young man would lose his situation . 我怕這個年輕人丟了飯碗。
It was at once property and source of food . 這既是他的財產,又是他的飯碗。
Mcdermott and others like him would come and go . 麥克德莫特之類的人可能飯碗靠不住。
I told him he would lose his place if he walked with you . 我告訴他,如果他跟你一起走,他會丟掉飯碗。
"i know," celia said. "it will probably cost my job. " “我知道,”西莉亞說,“很可能會砸掉我的飯碗。”
Their jobs really were on the line if they continued to associate with me . 如果他們繼續與我交往,他們的飯碗就有丟掉的危險。
Well-directed tittletattle may easily causes its victim to lose his or her livelihood . 針對性很強的聊天,很容易使受害者丟掉飯碗。
Her earlier terror deepened as she considered for the first time what might happen if she lost her job . 這時她才第一次想到要是丟了飯碗會發生什么樣的后果,先前那種恐怖感頓時加深了。
These poor wretches, know that their only chance of retaining their employment was to tear into it, tear into it like so many maniacs . 而那批可憐的工人呢,他們知道要想保住飯碗的話就得象一群瘋子一樣賣命。
You weren ' t the only actor cut loose by the law 你不是唯一因為法律丟了飯碗的人